Tray Design Features:
- Capability to support and locate 128 battery cells.
- Maximum deflection 0.02 inch with 12 pound load.
- 128 battery cells maintain center to center tolerance of 0.01 inch.
- Design readily accepts battery cells while inhibiting their movement.
- Used in caustic chemical environment.
- High temperature and fire resistance.
Material Selection Criteria
- Chemical and creep resistant, fire retardant.
- Dimensional stability, moldability.
- Cost effectiveness.
Engineering Tools and Services:
- 3-D computer aided design, documentation, communication.
- Finite element analysis predicted tray deflection.
- Mold fill analysis confirmed moldability, gate location count placement.
- ATI evaluated SLS prototypes and molded unit to conform to specs.