To design a low cost industrial camera that:
- Performs closely to competitive devices.
- Is usable in a broad range of pick-and-place situations.
- Has model growth flexibility.
- Accepts standard lenses and mounts.
- Very low cost compared to competition.
- Structural stability high vibration environment.
- Corporate aesthetic theme.
- Aluminum extrusion, aluminum die cast.
- Electro-magnetic interference resistant.
Engineering Tools and Prototype Fabrication:
- 3-D Computer Aided Design, documentation.
- Acquire, evaluate prototype parts using 3-D files.
- Export 3-D files for printed circuit board design.
- Locate extrusion and die cast suppliers.
- Establish geometric tolerances for manufacturing process.
Materials/Process Selection Criteria:
- Cast and extruded aluminum alloys.
- Common aesthetic surface treatments.
- Chemically resistant vibration dampers.