The inventor of the Safe-T-Stool, a non-tipping stepping stool,
came to ATI seeking assistance in designing a stool that could
provide the strength and rigidity to support high weight levels.
Characterize the load bearing characteristics of the
• Conduct Structural Finite Element Analysis of the proposed stool design
• Suggest changes in the part geometry to increase the stool’s load bearing capacity
• Verify the predicted improvement using FEA techniques
ATI provided the analysis and design guidance needed to take
the Safe-T-Stool to commercialization.
• Provide files and support for prototype, production suppliers
• Establish geometric tolerances for manufacturing process